A special Memorandum of Understanding between SUNY – Buffalo State’s International Center for Studies in Creativity (ICSC) and Shixi (Beijing) Advisory Center the Master of Science Degree in Creativity is now available to qualified Chinese students. Through this collaborative agreement, Chinese students are able to initiate their graduate studies in creativity in China. That is the first 4 courses, delivered by ICSC’s professors, take place in China during the summer. Students will compete the Master of Science degree by taking the remaining 7 courses at Buffalo State.
This program will be based at Sichuan University. For detailed course schedule, please reference the official offer, or see the program format below. For further details also feel free to contact the ICSC China program coordinator (e-mail and phone provided below).
Why this Program
China’s rise as a world power is well documented. As such, China has a vision to continue its growth by becoming an even stronger “Innovation Nation.” Creativity is the fuel of innovation and educational practices in creativity serve as the catalyst to innovation. As a pioneer in the creativity education movement, and as a recognized world leader in applied creativity, the International Center for Studies in Creativity is proud to provide its cutting-edge creativity curriculum to qualified Chinese students. The goal of this collaborative program is to build a community of creative thinkers in China that will operate as a foundation to China’s quest to become an Innovation Nation.
A Master Degree of Science will be conferred. Base on the background of students, the study focus in this program could be:
- Creativity in Business
- Creativity in Management
- Creativity in Education
- Creativity in Art
- Creativity in Technology
The program format is summarized below.
Summer Courses to be Taken in China
|2 Required Courses (6 credits)
- Principles in Creative Problem Solving
- Facilitation of Group Problem Solving
|2 Elective Courses (6 credits)
To be determined by International Center for Studies in Creativity (sample courses below)
- Advanced Cognitive Tools for Creative Problem Solving
- Organizational Creativity & Innovation
Courses to be Taken in the USA (Buffalo)*
Fall Semester (9 credits) (late August to mid-December)
- Foundations of Creative Learning
- Foundations of Teaching and Training Creativity
- Current Issues in Creative Studies
Spring Semester (9 credits) (late January to mid-May)
- Creativity Assessment: Methods & Resources
- Elective (to be determined)
- Elective (to be determined)
- Comprehensive Examination (no credits)
Summer (3 credits) (late May through June)
- Creativity and Change Leadership
*Sample Schedule Subject to Change
- Complete and submit Buffalo State application form with processing fee. Deadline date for application, and supplemental material described below, is June 1. http://graduateschool.buffalostate.edu/apply
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must show proficiency in English as demonstrated by TOEFL and/or IELTS English proficiency tests. A minimum TOEFL score of 79 or higher, or a minimum band score of 6.0 or higher on the IELTS will be required.
- An earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution that is determined to be equivalent to a US degree. A degree evaluation is required for all students who have completed a bachelor's degree outside the United States. Applicants must submit official copies of postsecondary diploma(s)/transcripts to either Josef Silny and Associates or World Education Services for a course-by-course evaluation to determine equivalency to a United States bachelor's degree.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 (3.0 preferred).
- Two recommendation letters with standard format.
- Letter of intent that describes the students interest in completing a Master of Science degree in creativity (and serves as a writing sample).
- Biographical sketch that provides an overview of the student’s background, professional experiences, degrees, areas of interest, and other pertinent personal background.
- Deadline date for submission of application and all supplementary material
Tuition and Costs
Tuition for this program and mandatory fees will reflect current SUNY tuition rates and costs. For current rates go to insert web link here.
For on-campus living costs go to insert web link here.
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator with +86-010-57483768 or email@example.com.